Wednesday 19 September 2012

A good umbrella. Why? Because you're definitely worth it!

Why do many women pay huge sums for shoes, bags and hats, and then top the ensemble off with a pitiful looking cheap umbrella that wouldn't stand up to a strong breath from a hamster? 

I will now admit to, at one time in my life, being one of these women. I like nice clothes and accessories, but umbrellas were something that I would spend as little as possible on. I thought that they always break easily, and they are easy to lose so what's the point spending good money on one.

Well one day I saw a brolly that mesmerized me, it was 2 or 3 times the amount I would normally pay, but I just had to have it. The quality was so much better than the cheapo brollies that I usually bought, and it just looked good and was a bit quirky.
 (This is the umbrella that started it all, it's such a good brolly that I still use it almost 10 years later)

It started my love of umbrellas, and my change in career to becoming the owner of Hello Brolly. Since starting my business I have, as you would expect, collected quite a number of umbrellas for my personal use. I have big'uns, little'uns, odd-shaped, colourful, plain, frilly, fashionable, long and short, but my one criteria that must be filled is that it has to be a good quality umbrella, and that is also my one true criteria for all the brollies that I sell.

To answer my earlier question, the only conclusion that I can come to is that these women (& men) haven't had the experience of a good umbrella............YET.

Don't think of an umbrella as just something functional to keep the pesky rain off you, think of it in the same way as you buy your shoes and handbags. It should make you feel good, compliment your style, show off your personality and be fashionable. To me a good umbrella won't break on it's first encounter with the wind, a good brolly is something you just wouldn't leave lying around because you like it so much and, best of all, a good umbrella will make you feel terrific even on the most miserable of days.

So please, if you've only ever bought cheap umbrellas, just try going up a level (or 2), it will be a revelation to you how much better they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment